The Student News Site of West Lauderdale High School

The Squire

The Squire

The Squire

Heads UP: The ACT Results are In!

It has been about a month since ACT scores have been announced and the students of West Lauderdale shared some feedback regarding their scores, how they feel about them, and if they plan on taking the ACT again. 

Mariah Miller, a senior, stated, “I feel successful. I did a lot of hard work, and it paid off with the score I received.” 

Miller said her highest score was “a 28 in reading” and her lowest was “a 22 in science.” Miller feels she could have done better in science because it is something that she is “not too comfortable with.’’ Miller does not intend to take the ACT again. She adds, “That is a wrap for me.”

Lilly Woodall, a sophomore, shared similar thoughts about her results:  “I feel pretty good. I think I did alright.”

Woodall said that her highest score was a 31 in reading, while her lowest score was a 23 in English. Woodall believes that she could raise her English score in the future since she is only a sophomore. She plans to take the ACT again in the spring.

Senior Breelyn Cain said, “I’m glad with my score. It is what I wanted, and it will get me what I need.”

She stated, “My highest score was in reading and my lowest was in English.”  Cain feels she could have done better in English since she is currently in the class. “English is just hard for me to do,” she said. Cain does not plan on taking the ACT again. She remarks, “I have taken it twice and gotten the same score, so I feel like I am going to stay there.”

Ridge Brown, a junior, said, “I feel good about the scores and I think they will get me what I need to continue my career.”

Brown’s highest score was in math and his lowest was in English. He commented that he could have done better in English “with more practice.” Brown plans on taking the ACT again in the spring.

Carter Walton, a senior, stated, “I feel pretty confident. I could have done better, but I am satisfied.”

Walton said, “Math was my highest and science was my lowest.” Walton believes he could have done better if he paced himself on science better. He plans to take the ACT again in the spring. 

Another senior, Madison Mosley, said, “I feel regular because it was the same as the last time I took it.”

Mosley said that her highest score was in reading and math was her lowest. She feels she could not have done better than she did and does not plan to take the ACT again.

With more practice and hard work, the students of West Lauderdale will continue to strive for the best ACT scores possible.