The Student News Site of West Lauderdale High School

The Squire

The Squire

The Squire

High School Soccer Is Back

The West Lauderdale Lady Knights and Knights soccer face many teams in Laurel, MS, as they are getting ready for the upcoming season.
Haley
Cooper Lafferty (#11) tackles Picayune player in the game Saturday.

It is a new season for the 2023 MHSAA 4A-State Champions, and many preparations are being made as the games roll around the corner. The Lady Knights took on West Jones, coming out with a score of 1-1, with Karen Balderas scoring late in the second half. After a long break, they defeated Picayune with a big score of 7-0.

After talking to one of the Lady Knights captains, Anna Vincent, Vincent said, “ I think that we did pretty good, but it’s still the beginning of the season, and we will prevail.”

West had a great day in Laurel and went into the weekend as they prepared for the Brandon Lady Bulldogs on Tuesday, November 7th.

Also, the Knights took on West Jones with a score of 1-1, with Laird Dunlap assisting Cooper Cornett’s goal. Later in the day, they faced Picayune High School and dropped one with a score of 2-1. They will also meet Brandon on Tuesday at 7:00.