The Student News Site of West Lauderdale High School

The Squire

The Squire

The Squire

The Knights Are Back

The baseball team triumps over Brandon in a low-scoring game.
Haley Graham
Owen Shirley (#13)

After coming close to being 4A-State Champions just last season, the Knights are more determined than ever to win any game they face. Even with many setbacks such as injuries, the expectations remain high for the team. After winning the season opener over Southeast Lauderdale (5-2), the Knights have been soaring. Their record as of now is five wins and two losses.

Carter Horton (#11) (Haley Graham)

Tuesday, February 27th, was an exciting night for the boys. The game remained low-scoring, but the intensity from the Knights was through the roof.

Brandon opened up the game scoring off an error made by the Knights. 

Carter Horton (Pitcher) threw a complete game. Horton only allowed four hits and one run over the seven innings, striking out six and walking four. On the other end, Carson Smith, Leeds Jenkins, and Caden Boswell each had a hit. Kayden Peoples also had an RBI, allowing the runner on base to score. More exciting, Bowsell’s hit was a walk-off single in the 7th inning, giving the Knights what they needed to walk out of the Kingdom victorious—the night ended with a 2-1 win.

The Knights will be back in action at home on Friday, March 8th, as they take on Leake Central.

Leeds Jenkins (#3) (Haley Graham)