The Student News Site of West Lauderdale High School

The Squire

The Squire

The Squire

WLHS Choir Performs on WTOK

The West Lauderdale Choir was given the opportunity to perform on the local news station WTOK this holiday season. WTOK asked several musical groups and musicians to send in performances of holiday-themed music, the WLHS choir being among them. These performances are being played throughout the Christmas season.

The WLHS choir performed an acapella rendition of  “Jingle Bells.” This is an exciting opportunity for the choir department, seeing that it was recently revived. Mr. Davidson, the choir director, shared the history of the choir department:

“[Mrs. Hurst]… used to be the choral director as well as an A&P teacher and other general science electives.”

Mrs. Hurst taught choir until she left West Lauderdale in 2021. The choral department laid dormant for a year until Mr. Davidson started it again. Going forward, the choir will practice for a concert at the end of the school year. This concert will not only feature the choir, but also soloists, piano performances, and possibly other instrument performances since many of the students in the choir are also in the band.